The Fitness Race - How I lost 140 Pounds Eating At McDonald's

...And you can too! In the fall of 2004, I had had enough. I knew I had been morbidly obese for years, but the grim reality of a short lived future slapped me in the face. After years of hearing what the doctors told me about my weight, I actually listened to what he said. He told me I wouldn't live much longer, and when I did go, it would be a "drop dead" event. The following is a short description of my story, and the journey I followed to go from where I was to where I wanted to be.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois (888)467-8593, United States

After struggling with his weight for more than twenty five years, in Nov 2004 Mark McKenna Little made up his mind that being unhealthy was no longer acceptable. Through sensible eating and increased physical activity (absolutely NO drugs or surgery) he lost 140 pounds and now does four triathlons per year. Early in 2007 he challenged a group at his church that if they were serious about losing more than forty pounds each... he would mentor them to make a total body transformation. SO, THE 2007 FITNESS RACE WAS BORN... Mark Little owns an unrelated business, which he operates, but is mentoring 15 individuals to make similar health and fitness transformations in their lives by September 30, 2007. Many of those in this group have well over 40 pounds of excess weight, but have set a goal to get light enough to do the 2007 Accenture Chicago Triathlon with Mark on August 26, 2007. FOLLOW THEIR STORIES BELOW

Monday, January 15, 2007

I let the word get around at Willow Creek that I'd like to do a triathlon on July 22 in Waukegan with a group from the church. What I'm really looking to do is identify 10 to 20 people who have at least 40 pounds of excess weight to lose. We'll train together and do the triathlon on July 22 as a group. I'll encourage them along the way, hold them accountable and show them that it's possible for them (even if they have more than 100 pounds of weight to lose between now and then)

It would be great to find 10 to 20 people who are absolutely convinced that they cannot do a triathlon (you know, people who feel like I felt when I weighed 313 pounds... I would have never believed that I could do four triathlons in one year... like I did last year)?

Their job is to make up their mind to do the work. My job is to convince them they can do it... just like I did.

The good news I have to report is that one person has already committed to doing this. He has more than 40 pounds to lose... is very fired up... and we met today to go over his nutrition and training plan. He's already tracking his food every day, just like I did and is fully committed to do physical training a minimum of three hours per week just as I did.

He's going to do great, and on July 22 he's going to be a triathlete.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim S said...

Good talk last night, Mark. I think there is a good chance both Mike and Joe who were with me will sign up. I've also called my son, who did the Chicago triathlon a few years ago, and a friend who's on the mend from a hip replacement and determined to get back on his bike by March to see if they'd like in. Since the last 2 and I don't need to lose 40#, I don't want to take a spot from anyone who does, but will be happy to help as appropriate. I started the "First Tri" book on the Metra this morning, and have already learned 2 new things from it. Thanks for making that available.

Fri Feb 23, 11:36:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home