The Fitness Race - How I lost 140 Pounds Eating At McDonald's

...And you can too! In the fall of 2004, I had had enough. I knew I had been morbidly obese for years, but the grim reality of a short lived future slapped me in the face. After years of hearing what the doctors told me about my weight, I actually listened to what he said. He told me I wouldn't live much longer, and when I did go, it would be a "drop dead" event. The following is a short description of my story, and the journey I followed to go from where I was to where I wanted to be.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois (888)467-8593, United States

After struggling with his weight for more than twenty five years, in Nov 2004 Mark McKenna Little made up his mind that being unhealthy was no longer acceptable. Through sensible eating and increased physical activity (absolutely NO drugs or surgery) he lost 140 pounds and now does four triathlons per year. Early in 2007 he challenged a group at his church that if they were serious about losing more than forty pounds each... he would mentor them to make a total body transformation. SO, THE 2007 FITNESS RACE WAS BORN... Mark Little owns an unrelated business, which he operates, but is mentoring 15 individuals to make similar health and fitness transformations in their lives by September 30, 2007. Many of those in this group have well over 40 pounds of excess weight, but have set a goal to get light enough to do the 2007 Accenture Chicago Triathlon with Mark on August 26, 2007. FOLLOW THEIR STORIES BELOW

Monday, September 18, 2006

Today my story made a difference in three individuals' lives.

As a way to give back to my industry (financial services), several times a year I'm invited to deliver a full-day of training to creme de la creme financial advisors (wealth managers) who travel from all over the world to hear me share how to to effectively build a firm similar to the one I have built.

The reason I'm sharing this here is that during the course of my more than ten-hour talk (whew!) I now frequently tell my story of taking charge of my health and fitness; of being 313 pounds, out-of-shape, unhealthy and miserable. The object of this is to illustrate two things... first, how I personally implemented the same success principles that I utilize with my affluent clients in coaching them to accomplish their goals (establish a clear objective, make up you mind to do it, establish a realistic plan, hire experts and then be willing to be held accountable by them).

But the other purpose in telling my story was to inspire those in the audience struggling with their weight to belive they can do what I've done thereby improving their quality of life.

At the lunch break I had three individuals approach me with inspiring stories.

- One veteran financial advisor told me that she heard me speak last year and was so inspired that she lost 41 pounds in five months and had kept the weight off for more than six months.

- A CPA also sought me out to share with me that he came to hear me talk in April (five months ago), after which he resolved to lose eighty pounds of which he has lost 38 of that excess weight and would keep me informed.

- Finally, A gentleman weighing nearly 400 pounds came up to me to describe how after hearing my story, and after many failed attempts over the years, he now believes he can take charge of his weight (I hope he will keep me informed of his progress). In tears he told me how, at that moment, he had resolved to do "whatever it takes."

I can't tell you how grateful I am for being able to make a difference. Very grateful!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. bus stop singer said...

I've been reading your story and I 'm really amazed as I said before, frankly you've got a lot of potential and should write a book about all this progress. Especially becauseyour story Does encourage oneself to get incharged of own weight.
Congrats
and Keep on the track!

Mon Mar 26, 12:55:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home